All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClosing the Opportunity Gap offers accessible, research-based essays written by leading experts who highlight the disparities that exist in our public schools for the opportunity to learn instead of test scores and outcomes.
- Author BiographyPrudence Carter is Associate Professor of Education and (by courtesy) Sociology at Stanford University and co-director of the Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education. Dr. Carter's primary research agenda focuses on cultural explanations of academic and mobility differences among various racial and ethnic groups. Her most recent book is Stubborn Roots: Cultivating Cultural Flexibility and Equity in U.S. and South African Schools. Kevin G. Welner is a professor of education policy in Educational Foundations, Policy and Practice program area at the University of Colorado Boulder, and he is the director of the National Education Policy Center. His work examines the use of research in policymaking, the intersection between education rights litigation and educational opportunity scholarship, and the school change process associated with equity-focused reform.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note6 graphs, 6 tables
- Weight440 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKevin G. Welner,Prudence L. Carter
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.91
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.35
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.