All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
About this product
- DescriptionSocial scientists, though interested in fashion theories, have rarely addressed the material qualities of clothing. In contrast, traditional studies of dress have focused on textiles but neglect the context within which dress becomes consumed as clothing. This book aims to combine these two 'camps' through a material culture approach to clothing.
- Author BiographyDr. Susanne Kchler is a Material Culture Masters Tutor in the Department of Anthropology, University College London. Daniel Miller is a Professor of Material Culture in the Department of Anthropology, University College London, and the author of numerous books, including The Sari, with Mukulika Bannerjee.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDaniel Miller,Susanne Kuchler
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.