CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £19.99Trending at £23.80
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- Author(s)Lee Chao
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note225 black & white illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction to Database Systems and Cloud Computing Objectives Introduction Overview of Database Management Systems Database Components Database Development Process Overview of Cloud Computing Software as a Service Platform as a Service Infrastructure as a Service Personal Cloud Summary Review Questions Database Design and Windows Azure Data Storage Objectives Introduction Database Conceptual Design Interview Key Players Observe How Data Are Used in Business Processes Examine Documents Used in Business Processes Analyze Collected Information Entity-Relationship Data Model Integration Definition for Information Modeling Entities Attributes, Identifiers, and Domains Relationships Database Physical Design Database System Architecture Windows Azure Data Storage Overview Windows Azure SQL Database Windows Azure Storage Summary Review Questions Table Normalization and Windows Azure SQL Database Objectives Introduction Overview of Relational Database Functional Dependency Keys Linking Tables Normalization Why Table Normalization? Normal Forms Denormalization Transferring Data Model to Relational Database Representing Entities Representing Relationships Enforcing Constraints Summary Review Questions Database Development and Management with SQL Objectives Introduction Structured Query Language Creating Database Objects Defining Data Types Constraints Creating Database Creating Tables Managing Database Objects Viewing Table Structures Modifying Table Structures Controlling Database Object Privileges Manipulating Data in Tables Inserting Data Modifying Data Querying Data Deleting Data Summary Review Questions Importing and Exporting Database Objects Objectives Introduction SQL Server Management Studio Data-Tier Application Windows Azure SQL Database Migration Wizard Moving Data in and out of Windows Azure SQL Database Using SSIS Import and Export Data with Bulk Copy Program Working with XML Data Introduction to Extensible Markup Language XML Data Type Summary Review Questions Querying Information in Windows Azure SQL Database Objectives Introduction Retrieving Data from Tables with SQL Querying Data with SELECT, FROM, and WHERE Statements Logical Operators Comparison Operators Arithmetic Operators Subqueries Joining Multiple Tables with SQL Inner Join Outer Join Multiple Joins Self-Join SQL Built-In Functions Aggregate Functions Scalar Functions Summary Review Questions Windows Azure SQL Database Procedures and Functions Objectives Introduction SQL Programming Extensions Variables Flow-Control Structures Procedures and Functions Functions Scalar Functions Table Functions APPLY Operator Procedures Creating and Executing Stored Procedures Modifying and Deleting Stored Procedures Triggers Creating, Modifying, and Deleting Triggers Using Triggers Validating Business Constraints Implementing Dynamic Application Logic Keeping Database Integrity Summary Review Questions Windows Azure SQL Database Views, Indexes, and Federations Objectives Introduction Views Create Views Modify Views Modify Data in a View Drop Views Indexes Create Indexes Manage Indexes Remove Indexes Federations Federation Design Generating Federation Key Database Operations across Multiple Federation Members Data Distribution across Multiple Federation Members Applications and Federation Logic Federation Implementation with T-SQL Summary Review Questions Database Application Development Objectives Introduction Database Application Design Application Design GUI Design Database Application Development Form Development
- Author BiographyLee Chao, PhD, is a professor in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics division at the University of Houston-Victoria, USA. He earned his PhD at the University of Wyoming, USA. Dr. Chao has been teaching IT courses for over 20 years. His current research interests are database system development and cloud computing. Dr. Chao is the author of over a dozen research articles and books in various areas of IT.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.