All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis one-of-a-kind guide gives novice coaches the know-how they need to run perfect practices and develop individual and team skills through drills. Unlike other hockey coaching guides, it also brings along a great attitude and covers the whole range of off-the-ice coaching issues, from choosing equipment to holding player-parent meetings. .
- Author BiographyDon MacAdam is head coach and co-owner of the Dayton Bombers. A former professional ice hockey player himself, MacAdam has more than 25 years of coaching experience at various elite levels, including teams in the National Hockey League (Detroit Red Wings), the American Hockey League (Edmonton Oilers and Ottawa Senators Farm Teams), the IHL (Milwaukee Admirals), Major Junior (500 Greyhounds), and the Japan Ice Hockey League (the Nippon Paper Cranes), as well as several minor-league teams. He has also served as a consultant with Canada's world championship team, evaluating NHL players as candidates for Team Canada and coaching the team during the Bauer Cup. With a special focus on conditioning for the sport, he lectures at hockey clinics throughout Canada and the United States. MacAdam earned his master's degree in physical education from the University of New Brunswick. Gail Reynolds is an exercise physiologist who has been developing training programs for amateur and elite hockey players and teams over the past 22 years, including NHL stars. A former professor of exercise physiology at the University of New Brunswick, she currently runs her own fitness consulting company. A member of the committee that developed Canada's coaching certification program, Reynolds has also spoken at several Canadian Amateur Hockey Association Level 4 and 5 clinics and lectured at the York symposium for elite coaches. Her articles have appeared in Coaching Review and the Journal of Applied Physiology. Reynolds earned her master's degree in physical education from the University of Western Ontario, where she specialized in exercise physiology and psychology.
- Author(s)Don MacAdam,Gail Reynolds
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2006
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width186 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.52
- £22.69Trending at £30.16
- £15.99Trending at £16.84
- £14.82Trending at £17.00
- £12.69Trending at £16.21
- £20.77Trending at £30.16
- £10.84Trending at £16.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.