All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining real-life examples, personal reflections, exercises and self-tests, this work recalls the history of Codependent No More , and points the way for how to take care of yourself, and what to do to start feeling better.
- Author BiographyIn addiction and recovery circles, Melody Beattie is a household name. She is the best-selling author of numerous books, including Codependent No More, Beyond Codependency, The Language of Letting Go, More Language of Letting Go, and 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact. Her first book, Codependent No More, was published by Hazelden in 1986. Melody's compassionate and insightful look into codependency--the concept of losing oneself in the name of helping another--struck a universal chord among families struggling with a loved one's addiction. Twenty years later, the concepts continue to ring true for millions worldwide, as the book has sold more than four million copies and has been translated into more than a dozen languages. Melody currently has 13 titles with Hazelden and several more with other publishers. One of Melodies more recent titles with Hazelden is, The Grief Club, which was published in 2006. This inspirational book gives the reader an inside look at the miraculous phenomenon that occurs after loss--the being welcomed into a new club of sorts, a circle of people who have lived through similar grief and pain, whether it be the loss of a child, a spouse, a career, or even one's youth. She writes, There's a secret to getting through loss, pain, and grief. If we're alone we can't see who we are. When we join the club, other people become the mirror. Through them, we see ourselves and gain an understanding of what we're going through. Then slowly, real slowly, we learn to accept who we see in the mirror. In 2007, Hazelden published Melody's newest title, Gratitude, a beautifully illustrated collection of passages from Melody's earlier work that encourages readers to reconnect with what's truly important in life--the everyday blessings that are ever-present and ever-sustaining. For more information about Melody and her books, visit the author's Web site.
- Author(s)Melody Beattie
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication15/09/1986
- GenrePopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Content Notenotes, bibliography
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Personal Development
Save on Personal Development
- £9.95Trending at £10.07
- £36.69Trending at £39.50
- £6.99Trending at £8.13
- £7.37Trending at £7.54
- £10.18Trending at £10.49
- £11.52Trending at £16.99
- £6.56Trending at £10.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.