All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe present volume contains a selection of papers presented at the conference Cognitive Approaches to English, an international event organized to mark the 30th anniversary of English studies at the Faculty of Philosophy, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University, Osijek, which was held in Osijek on October 18-19, 2007.
- Author BiographyMario Brdar is Professor of English Linguistics in the Department of English Language and Literature at Josip Juraj Strossmayer University, Osijek. He is a member of the editorial board of Jezikoslovlje, Annual Review of Cognitive Linguistics, Atlantis, Bosanski jezik, and The Open Applied Linguistics Journal. He is currently the president of the Croatian Applied Linguistics Society. His main areas of research interest include cognitive linguistics, syntax, word formation, and lexical semantics. His publications mostly deal with contrastive and cognitive-functional approach to grammatical constructions and basic cognitive processes such as metonymy and metaphor. Marija Omazic is Assistant Professor of English Linguistics in the Department of English Language and Literature at Josip Juraj Strossmayer University, Osijek. She is a member of the editorial board of Jezikoslovlje. Her research interests include phraseology, cognitive linguistics, corpus linguistics and translation studies. Her publications are corpus-based and cognitive accounts of phraseology and different translation studies issues. Visnja Pavicic Takac is Professor of Applied Linguistics in the Department of English Language and Literature at Josip Juraj Strossmayer University, Osijek. She is an editor-in-chief of Strani jezici, and a member of the editorial board of Jezikoslovlje and Zivot i skola. Her professional and research interests include individual differences in foreign language learning, language learning strategies, communicative competence, interlanguage, and lexical development. Her publications mostly deal with vocabulary learning strategies and cross-linguistic studies.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication27/07/2009
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byMarija Omazic,Mario Brdar,Visnja Pavicic Takac
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.99Trending at £25.47
- £21.75Trending at £23.79
- £18.88Trending at £24.97
- £17.35Trending at £19.98
- £10.99Trending at £12.77
- £9.29Trending at £12.07
- £19.51Trending at £20.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.