Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)David Kemmerer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note59 black & white tables, 352 black & white line drawings
- Weight1474 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Fundamentals. The Human Brain. Brain Mapping Methods. Part 2: Aphasia. Classic Aphasia Syndromes. Primary Progressive Aphasia Syndromes. Part 3: The Perception and Production of Speech. Speech Perception. Speech Production. Prosody. Part 4: Other Modalities of Language Use. Reading and Writing. Sign Language. Part 5: The Meaning of Words. Object Nouns. Action Verbs. Abstract Words. Part 6: Morphology, Syntax, and Discourse. Morphology. Sentence Production. Sentence Comprehension. Discourse.
- Author BiographyDavid Kemmerer is a professor with a joint appointment in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences and the Department of Psychological Sciences at Purdue University. He is also an affiliate of the Interdepartmental Linguistics Program at Purdue. In addition, he has an adjunct appointment in the Division of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience at the University of Iowa, where he worked as a postdoctoral fellow before becoming a faculty member at Purdue. He has taught courses on the neural bases of speech and language, the broader field of cognitive neuroscience, and diverse topics in linguistics. Professor Kemmerer's research focuses on how different kinds of linguistic meaning are mediated by different neural systems, drawing on behavioral and lesion data from brain-damaged patients as well as behavioral, electrophysiological, and functional neuroimaging data from healthy subjects. He has published over 40 journal articles and book chapters describing various aspects of his research.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.94Trending at £24.46
- £17.29Trending at £28.05
- £23.56Trending at £39.99
- £11.91Trending at £20.03
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £17.28Trending at £22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.