All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book draws on the latest literature to highlight a fundamental challenge in offender rehabilitation; it questions the ability of contemporary approaches to address this challenge, and proposes an alternative strategy of criminal justice that integrates control, opportunity, and autonomy.
- Author BiographyJack Bush has developed and delivered treatment programs for offenders since 1973. His primary focus has been on the processes and strategies of Cognitive Self Change, which he has adapted to high-risk offenders, violent offenders, substance abusers, female offenders, and domestic abusers. He is co-author of the program, Thinking For A Change, published by The National Institute of Corrections (Washington D.C.). Daryl M. Harris is a Chartered and Registered Clinical Psychologist working with the Gwent Forensic Rehabilitation Service. He is also director of Positive Approaches to Crime and Exclusion (PACE) Ltd. This organisation has supported the implementation of Cognitive Self Change in several jurisdictions, written and supported the implementation of accredited interventions, and undertaken research into instrumental and gang violence. He has also worked with probation staff in Wales to develop an award winning approach to working with difficult to engage offenders. Richard Parker is the Program Manager for designing and implementing sex offender, violent offender and general offender programs in Juvenile Justice NSW. Prior to this he was the Principal Psychologist, Offender Intervention Programs in ACT Corrective Services. He is currently investigating the role of moral emotions in the onset and maintenance of child sexual offending.
- Author(s)Daryl M. Harris,Jack Bush,Richard Jay Parker
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight346 g
- Width171 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.76Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.