All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionWhat type of leadership do you practice? Many of us rely on transformational and instructional leadership. But there are advantages in applying a holistic angle including all stakeholders - an approach known as collaborative leadership. This book inspires you to transform your leadership practice, identify where you can make changes and more.
- Author BiographyConsulting Description: LGBT Students Consulting Description: Flipped Communication Peter DeWitt (Ed.D) taught for 11 years and was a school principal for 8 years. He runs workshops and provides keynotes focusing on collaborative leadership, fostering inclusive school climates, and connected learning. Peter is a Visible Learning Trainer for John Hattie, Instructional Coach for Jim Knight, and Student Voice Advocate for Russ Quaglia working nationally and internationally. He is the Series Editor for the Connected Educator Series (Corwin Press) and the forthcoming Impact Leadership Series (Corwin Press). His Finding Common Ground blog is published by Education Week and he is a freelance writer for Vanguard Magazine (SAANYS). He is the 2013 School Administrators Association of New York State's (SAANYS) Outstanding Educator of the Year, and the 2015 Bammy Award winner for Education Blogger of the Year (Academy of Education Arts & Sciences). Peter's first educational book, Dignity for All: Safeguarding LGBT Students was published in 2012, and was the topic of his doctoral dissertation. In 2013 Peter contributed a chapter to De-Testing and De-Grading Schools: Authentic Alternatives to Accountability and Standardization (Peter Lang, USA). His other books include: School Climate Change: How Do I Foster a Positive School Climate (ASCD 2014, co-authored with Sean Slade) and Flipping Leadership Doesn't Mean Reinventing the Wheel (Corwin Press, 2014) Peter is the co-chair of the National School Climate Council. His articles have appeared in education journals at the state, national and international level. He has written for Principal Magazine, Education Week, Educational Leadership, The Huffington Post, PBS, ASCD Whole Child, Connected Principals, Smartblogs, and ASCD Express. Peter has presented at forums, conferences, and panel discussions at state, national conferences and international conferences. Some of the highlights have been to present for the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP 2012, 2014, & 2015), the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD 2012, 2015, 2016), ICLE's Model Schools, Osiris World Conference in London, and he sat on a School Safety panel on NBC's Education Nation with Goldie Hawn and Hoda Kotb. Peter has worked with the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), the National Education Association (NEA), the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the National Association of School Psychologists, the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), the National School Climate Center, GLSEN, PBS, NBC, NPR, BAM Radio Network and ABCnews.com.
- Author(s)Peter M. DeWitt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/09/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.