All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £9.27Trending at £12.99
- £24.08Trending at £24.52
- £10.82Trending at £13.78
- £7.39Trending at £11.98
- £9.84Trending at £14.41
- £8.78Trending at £11.98
- £15.47Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited collection brings together theoretical papers and case studies of practice in response to the challenge of becoming more conscious of the creative and multiple dimensions of social interaction in learning music, not least in the contemporary context of rapid change in the cultural industries and higher education as a whole.
- Author BiographyHelena Gaunt is the Assistant Principal (Research and Academic Development) at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama in London, and a National Teaching Fellow (2009). Her current research focuses on one-to-one and small group tuition in conservatoires, orchestral musicians in the twenty-first century, and the role of improvisation (verbal and musical) in developing professional expertise. She is an Associate of the Centre for Musical Performance as Creative Practice (CMPCP) funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, co-editor of Music Performance Research, and a member of the Editorial Board of the British Journal of Music Education. She chaired the Forum for Instrumental/Vocal Teaching for the International Society of Music Education from 2010 to 2012, and co-directs the Innovative Conservatoire, an international project dedicated to developing reflective practice, research and innovation in the conservatoire sector. Heidi Westerlund is Professor and Vice Director of the Doctoral School of Music Education, Jazz and Folk Music at the Sibelius Academy, Finland. Her research focuses on the theory and practice of cultural diversity, popular culture and democracy in music education as well as of teaching and learning in higher music education. She has published widely in international and national journals and has written numerous book chapters. She is a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Music Education, the British Journal of Music Education and Music Performance Research, and she is the editor of the Finnish Journal of Music Education. Heidi has served in the leadership of national and international organizations, such as the International Society for Philosophy of Music Education, and has organized several international conferences.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSEMPRE Studies in the Psychology of Music
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 21 b&w illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHeidi Westerlund,Helena Gaunt
- Series Edited byProfessor Graham Welch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.