Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.50+ £2.50 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by we_sell_any_book
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJamie Foxx plays Max, a Los Angeles cab driver who has a pretty wild night in this thriller from Michael Mann (HEAT, THE INSIDER). First, Max picks up, flirts with, and gets the number of Annie (Jada Pinkett Smith), an attractive District attorney. Next, Vincent (Tom Cruise) climbs into his cab. He is a professional hit man who reserves Max for the night with a whole shopping list of victims he needs to visit. As the night moves forward and the body count rises, Max must wrestle with the question of how to do the right thing while staying alive. Gradually the two men bond in unlikely ways, as each learns survival mechanisms from the other, and it all doubles as a metaphor for morality vs. capitalism. Mark Ruffalo and Peter Berg play cops who eventually get on Max and Vincent's trail, leading to a spectacular action set piece inside a night club. Irma P. Hall (2004's THE LADYKILLERS) gets laughs as Max's hospitalized momma, and Javier Bardem (BEFORE NIGHT FALLS) is a sinister drug lord. With a capable director like Mann at the wheel, this remains a smooth, enjoyable ride while also being fast, bumpy, and full of twists and turns. The streets of urban, nighttime Los Angeles--captured via a specially modified digital camera--never looked so beautiful or desolate. As typical of the director, the film is both artistic and action-packed; operatically over-the-top while never skimping on the little details.
- Leading Role 1Tom Cruise
- Director 1Michael Mann
- Leading Role 2Jamie Foxx
- Leading Role 3Jada Pinkett-Smith
- Additional Roles byBruce McGill,Peter Berg,Javier Bardem,Irma P. Hall,Mark Ruffalo
- ProducerMichael Mann,Julie Richardson
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesArabic,Bulgarian,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Hungarian,Icelandic,Norwegian,Polish,Romanian,Swedish,Turkish
- Running Time115 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- purpleshield154...05 Aug, 2013by
Great value for money, a movie for a lazy day
I bought this product because I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan and I was intrigued in this DVD as I watched a trailer online and found it interesting. I liked that the product was in decent condition and played perfectly in the comfort of my own home. Two things I didn't like about this item was that the product case was a little broken but luckily no damage to the disc and the picture was different when I got it but never the less it was still a good DVD to watch and the plot is ok, but poorly carried out.
- bolton46714 Sep, 2008by
Excellent Thriller Movie. Crusie And Foxx Put In Great Performance. Definitely Worth A Buy Or Rent.
- ruffnecksoulja06 Jan, 2010by
Tom Cruise is not a typical loveable character in this film. It shows a mercenary, gritty and hard edged assassin who involves a cabbie in his round of hits to complete in a night. The cabbie is played by Jamie Fox and shows both actors can play serious roles with a very human element involved. Great film!
- jfensales30 Jul, 2009by
I should only kill people after i get to know them?
Tom Cruise excels as cold blooded hitman Vincent, in town (LA) to finalise a real estate deal! Targeting five unfortunates in a single night, and using Jamie Foxx as his reluctant chauffeur. Thoughtful thriller with a decent script, directed by Michael Mann.
- loopylori-00722 Jul, 2009by
I loved the whole story line and the creative dialogue. The Sound was very good specially played on my sound system. Great for my whole family as they are all aged above 16 we got to sit down and really enjoy an action packed film full of entertainment and excitment.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.95Trending at £8.29
- £5.49Trending at £7.69
- £7.20Trending at £13.15
- £19.90Trending at £22.31
- £40.99Trending at £52.45
- £6.89Trending at £8.97
- £3.99Trending at £7.78