All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £65.29Was:£66.99Free postage
- £67.54Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a strategy for connecting theories to a consistent problem-solving approach.
- Author BiographyRaymond A. Serway (PhD, Illinois Institute of Technology) is Professor Emeritus at James Madison University. His honors and awards include an honorary doctorate degree from his alma mater, Utica College, the 1990 Madison Scholar Award at James Madison University, the Distinguished Teaching Award at Clarkson University in 1977, and the Alumni Achievement Award from Utica College in 1985. As Guest Scientist at the IBM Research Laboratory in Zurich, Switzerland, he worked with K. Alex Muller, 1987 Nobel Prize recipient. He was a visiting scientist at Argonne National Laboratory, where he collaborated with his mentor and friend, the late Sam Marshall. Dr. Serway is the coauthor of COLLEGE PHYSICS, Eleventh Edition; PHYSICS FOR SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS, Ninth Edition; PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS, Fifth Edition; ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE PHYSICS; MODERN PHYSICS, Third Edition; and the high school textbook PHYSICS, published by Holt McDougal. He has published more than 40 research papers in the field of condensed matter physics and has given more than 60 presentations at professional meetings. Chris Vuille (PhD, University of Florida) is associate professor of physics at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world's premier institution for aviation higher education. While he has taught courses at all levels, including postgraduate, his primary interest is the teaching of introductory physics courses. He conducts research in general relativity, astrophysics, cosmology, and quantum theory and was a participant in a special three-year NASA grant program where he studied properties of neutron stars. His work has appeared in many scientific journals and in ANALOG SCIENCE FICTION/SCIENCE FACT magazine. He is the coauthor of COLLEGE PHYSICS, Eleventh Edition and ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE PHYSICS.
- Author(s)Chris Vuille,Raymond Serway
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight2575 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement10th edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.85
- £25.99Trending at £26.47
- £22.29Trending at £22.75
- £2.81Trending at £2.86
- £10.30Trending at £10.54
- £16.61Trending at £16.87
- £14.50Trending at £20.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.