All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jonathan Samuels
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight410 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. Pronunciation and the Alphabet: basic sounds and symbols. 1. Syllables, letters, combinations and words 2. Hello. Are you well? 3. Where are you from? 4. Where is Tashi? 5. At the Guesthouse 6. Likes and Dislikes 7. Banter at the Teahouse 8. At what time? (Making Arrangements) 9. Food and Restaurants 10. Shopping 11. Aren't you well? 12. Travel 13. What did he say? 14. Respectfully 15. From Another Perspective Grammar Section Key to Exercises Dialogue Translations Tibetan-English Glossary English-Tibetan Glossary
- Author BiographyJonathan Samuels (also known by the name Sherab Gyatso) spent 20 years as a monk, living in Tibetan communities in Asia. He is one of a handful of foreigners to have been awarded the title Geshe, having completed a full course of traditional academic studies in Tibetan monastic institutions. He has many years experience teaching Tibetan, and has both designed and taught training courses for translators and interpreters. Jonathan Samuels holds a Masters degree from the Oriental Institute of the University of Oxford, and is currently completing his PhD with the same institution. He currently holds the position of Research Fellow (Buddhist Studies) at the Cluster of Excellence Asia and Europe in a Global Context at Heidelberg University.
Best-selling in Language Courses
Save on Language Courses
- £34.89Trending at £39.93
- £35.90Trending at £49.88
- £28.98Trending at £30.51
- £63.52Trending at £67.00
- £5.99Trending at £6.59
- £45.56Trending at £46.97
- £39.56Trending at £41.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.