All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an introduction to the growth area of colonial and postcolonial writing in English. This book combines a contextualising narrative situating key developments in imperial and postcolonial history, with theoretical readings of key texts that illuminate important concepts and definitions, including 'writing back' and 'mimicry'.
- Author BiographyElleke Boehmer is the Chair of Colonial and Postcolonial Studies in the Department of English and Media at Nottingham Trent University, and Director of the NTU Centre for Colonial and Postcolonial Studies. She has published Empire Writing (Oxford World's Classics, 1998), Empire, the National and the Postcolonial (2002), and critical editions of Robert Baden Powell's Scouting for Boys (2004) and Cornelia Sorabji's India Calling (2004).
- Author(s)Elleke Boehmer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight440 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.94
- £17.11Trending at £21.90
- £7.33Trending at £7.72
- £12.06Trending at £12.26
- £6.78Trending at £8.97
- £11.17Trending at £15.28
- £9.42Trending at £10.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.