Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.90
- £10.44Trending at £14.43
- £11.05Trending at £12.30
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.41Trending at £14.48
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionHugo Chavez was a true phenomenon. On his death in March 2013 tens of thousands of Venezuelans took to the streets and honoured a seven-day period of national mourning. Chavez has been compared to Napoleon, Nasser, Peron and Castro but the truth is there has never been a leader like him.
- Author BiographyAs a long-serving correspondent for the Guardian, Rory Carroll has covered war zones, survived a kidnapping in Iraq, and reported from all over Africa. For five years, throughout the writing of this book, Carroll was stationed in Caracas as the Guardian's chief correspondent in Latin America. He now lives in LA, where he is the paper's US west coast correspondent. His work has been longlisted for the Orwell Prize, the UK's pre-eminent prize for political writing.
- Author(s)Rory Carroll
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/07/2014
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.