CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides comprehensive discussion on the causes of hunger and resource management to achieve food security.
- Author BiographyM. S. Swaminathan is the founder chairman of the M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation. He studied at the Plant Breeding Institute, University of Cambridge, and earned his PhD in 1952. He has contributed significantly in the areas of agricultural science, food and nutrition and been described by the United Nations Environment Program as the 'father of economic ecology'. He was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership in 1971, the Albert Einstein World Science Award in 1986, and the first World Food Prize in 1987. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of London, the US National Academy of Sciences, the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the Italian Academy of Sciences. He was a member of the Upper House (Rajya Sabha) in India from 2007 to 2013. Swaminathan was Director General, International Rice Research Institute, the Philippines, from 1982 to 1988. He has published a number of articles in national and international journals.
- Author(s)M. S. Swaminathan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.