All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompiled and edited by two of Gian-Carlo Rota's students, this book is based on notes from his influential combinatorics courses.
- Author BiographyDr Joseph P. S. Kung is Professor of Mathematics at the University of North Texas. He is currently an editor-in-chief for the journal Advances in Applied Mathematics. Gian-Carlo Rota (1932-1999) was a Professor of Applied Mathematics and Natural Philosophy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was a member of the National Academy of Science. He was awarded the 1988 Steele Prize of the American Mathematical Society for his 1964 paper 'On the Foundations of Combinatorial Theory I. Theory of Moebius Functions.' He was the founding editor of the Journal of Combinatorial Theory. Catherine H. Yan is a Professor of Mathematics at Texas A & M University. She was a Courant Instructor at New York University (1997-1999) and a Sloan Fellow (2001-2003).
- Author(s)Catherine H. Yan,Gian-Carlo Rota,Joseph P. S. Kung
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Mathematical Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 209 exercises
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £33.18
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
- £4.45Trending at £4.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.