All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures stories, conversations, and reflections concerning the contributions and limitations of conventional mental health care and a collaborative search for alternatives. This book explains conventional care, highlight critical steps in healing, and explore varied perspectives through conversations with experts.
- Author BiographyArtist and writer Susan Schellenberg began her career as a public nurse. In 1980, she committed to healing from a 1969 psychosis and ten-year course of anti-psychotic drugs and to keeping a visual-art and written record of her dreams and inner journey as her mind healed. Susanas Shedding Skins , dream art with text, is on permanent exhibit in the main lobby at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto. Psychologist Rosemary Barnes has worked at Toronto General and Womenas College Hospitals and been affiliated with the University of Toronto, York University, and the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. She has published on suicide, HIV conditions, and residential schools, and has provided expert opinion in legal cases relating to lesbian/gay issues and trauma. She is currently in independent practice.
- Author(s)Rosemary Barnes,Susan Schellenberg
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.37Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.