Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.97Trending at £6.98
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
- £4.95Trending at £8.58
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.98
- £42.13Trending at £66.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe setting is hte village of Foxton, in Cambridgeshire, and the common stream is the story of its developmetn from the first traces of human settlment to the present day. The common stream is also the rivulet that runs through it.
- Author BiographyRowland Parker was born in 1912 in North Lincolnshire. His father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all farmers and his youth was spent in the country. He was educated at Louth Grammar School, won a scholarship to Nottingham University and then trained as a teacher. In 1935 he joined the staff of what was then the Central School, Cambridge, and, except for the war, remained there until his retirement in 1972. He enlisted in the Royal Artillery in 1940, serving in North Africa, Italy, Egypt, Syria and Palestine, where he began to take an interest in archaeology and history. He lived in Foxton until his death in 1989.
- Author(s)Rowland Parker
- PublisherAcademy Chicago Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/1994
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademy Chicago Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight325 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.