All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £43.00Trending at £60.00
- £7.15Trending at £12.99
- £3.89Trending at £4.31
- £13.52Trending at £19.92
- £8.71Trending at £10.98
- £7.45Trending at £11.90
- £10.61Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders some of the best ways to communicate disaster risk factors, response plans, and emergency procedures to the public without fomenting panic. This book offers an overview and history of public disaster preparedness education and then proceed to explore risk management and the development of a campaign strategy.
- Author BiographyDamon P. Coppola is the author of several leading emergency management academic and professional texts, including Introduction to Emergency Management, Introduction to Homeland Security, and Introduction to International Emergency Management. Mr. Coppola is also the co-author of several FEMA Emergency Management Institute publications, including Hazards Risk Management, Emergency Management Case Studies, Comparative Emergency Management, and NIMS and Incident Management Systems. As an independent consultant in the emergency management sector, Mr. Coppola has provided planning and technical assistance to emergency management organizations at the local, state, national, and international levels, and in both the nonprofit and private sectors. Mr. Coppola's clients have included FEMA, The World Bank, Save the Children, The Humane Society, ACORN, The Annie E. Casey Foundation, The Corporation for National and Community Service, Marriott International, and more. Mr. Coppola received his masters in Engineering Management (MEM) in crisis, disaster, and risk management from the George Washington University. Erin K. Maloney holds a masters in communication from the University of Connecticut at Storrs, and is working toward her doctorate of philosophy in communication with a specialization in environmental science and policy at Michigan State University. Ms. Maloney's practical experience and research focus primarily on health communication, media, and research methods. Her research generally has implications for communication campaign message design and public processing of messages. Ms. Maloney consults on grassroots communication projects, most recently on a campaign that succeeded in passing a millage to preserve farmland and open space in the State of Michigan. Ms. Maloney is also an instructor and a research assistant in the department of communication at Michigan State University.
- Author(s)Damon P. Coppola,Erin K. Maloney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.