Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £17.99Trending at £26.41
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £13.51Trending at £14.35
- £32.27Trending at £33.10
- £15.73Trending at £20.45
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.62Trending at £11.48
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in world increasingly shaped by risk, a fact underscored by recent events in the financial markets, science and technology, environmental policy and biosecurity, law enforcement and criminal justice.
- Author BiographyJonathan Crichton is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and Member of the Research Centre for Languages and Cultures at the University of South Australia. His research focuses on the role of language in professional-lay interactions. He has published in a wide range of international journals and edited collections and is the author of The Discourse of Commercialization (2010), and co-editor, with Christopher N. Candlin, of Discourses of Deficit (2011) and Discourses of Trust (2013).Christopher N. Candlin was Senior Research Professor Emeritus in the Department of Linguistics at Macquarie University, Sydney, and a Fellow of the UK Academy of Social Sciences. His research and publications lie in the critical analysis of professional/institutional discourses. He was a member of the Editorial Boards of major international journals and co-edited, with Srikant Sarangi, the Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. Recent publications include Discourses of Deficit (2011) and Discourses of Trust (2013) both co-edited with Jonathan Crichton.Arthur S. Firkins has had extensive involvement with risk communication in the public and private sectors. His doctoral research focused on the discursive framing of risk, he has co-authored recent papers with Christopher N. Candlin on the communication of risk in social care and currently works for BAE-Systems.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleCommunicating in Professions and Organizations
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXVIII, 368 p.
- Weight615 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byArthur S. Firkins,Christopher N. Candlin,Jonathan Crichton
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.