All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionA cutting edge undergraduate introduction to communication, with a focus on the relationship between current research, power, and public life. The only book on the market that truly comes from a critical paradigm.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Warren (Late) was professor of Speech Communication at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. His major research and teaching centered in Communication Pedagogy, Performance Studies, and Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies. He was the author of numerous books including Performing Purity: Whiteness, Pedagogy and the Reconstitution of Power; Casting Gender: Women and Performance in Intercultural Contexts; Critical Communication Pedagogy; and the SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction. He also authored articles for several education and communication studies journals, including Educational Theory, Communication Education, and Text and Performance Quarterly. Deanna L. Fassett is Department Chair and professor of communication pedagogy at San Jose State University where she has, since 2002, mentored her department's graduate student instructors. She is the author and editor of three other books: Coordinating the Communication Course: A Guidebook, Critical Communication Pedagogy, The SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction, and Communication: A Critical/Cultural Introduction, Second Edition. Her published research has appeared in a broad array of communication studies journals, including Basic Communication Course Annual, Communication Education, Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies, and Text and Performance Quarterly.
- Author(s)Deanna L. Fassett,John T. Warren
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date02/07/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.