All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe specific aim of this book is to argue that translation can add depth and breadth to both contrastive linguistics as well as to discourse analysis. While the literature on either contrastive linguistics or discourse analysis has grown immensely in the last twenty years, very little of it has ventured into fusing the two perspectives.
- Author BiographyBasil Hatim is Professor in the Department of Arabic Studies at the American University of Sharjah. He has lectured widely in translation theory at universities throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East, and published extensively on the applications of text linguistics to translation theory and practice.
- Author(s)Basil Hatim
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1997
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width148 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.