Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.05
- £6.95Trending at £10.27
- £14.33Trending at £17.53
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.08
- £29.31Trending at £31.57
- £22.50Trending at £29.21
About this product
- DescriptionPresented in a unique and easy-to-use dictionary format, this practical guide will help your students understand and apply the principles of effective communication.
- Author BiographyBernard Moss is Emeritus Professor of Social Work Education and Spirituality at Staffordshire University. He has been responsible for teaching communication skills to social work students for over a decade. His highly interactive and experiential approach to teaching has given students an opportunity to take responsibility for their own learning and development as trainee practitioners. His teaching excellence was recognised by the Higher Education Academy UK, who in 2004 awarded him a National Teaching Fellowship, in 2007 a Senior Fellowship, and in 2013 Principal Fellowship status. He was part of the working group established by the Social Care Institute for Excellence to prepare a report on the literature on communication skills for social work, and has also produced a DVD on the use of large-group role play in higher education. He was one of only three UK university teachers to be invited to contribute a chapter to the prestigious international publication Inspiring Academics: Learning with the World's Great University Teachers, published in 2011 by the Open University Press. He has published widely on the theme of spirituality, for which he was awarded a PhD by Staffordshire University in 2011. His book on Spirituality and Social Work, co-authored with Professor Margaret Holloway in 2010, has been widely acclaimed. In 2016 he co-authored with Dr Jan Sellers an international book on the use of labyrinths in Higher Education ( Learning with the Labyrinth: Creating Reflective Space in Higher Education. Palgrave) and the contribution that labyrinth walks can make to enrich the learning and teaching process for students and staff, as well as enhancing their general well-being.
- Author(s)Bernard Moss
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.