Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £4.64Trending at £4.83
- £8.99Trending at £9.87
- £8.41Trending at £10.80
- £10.30Trending at £15.20
- £13.36Trending at £13.48
- £9.55Trending at £11.68
- £12.60Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book unites complementary work in communication studies and nursing research to present a theoretically grounded curriculum for teaching palliative care communication to nurses. The chapters outline the COMFORT curriculum. Central to this curriculum is the need for nurses to practice self-care.
- Author BiographyElaine Wittenberg-Lyles is Associate Professor at Markey Cancer Center, College of Communication, University of Kentucky. Her research focuses on interdisciplinary communication and collaboration among hospice and palliative care teams. Joy Goldsmith is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Young Harris College and has been conducting research on communication and illness, specifically in the context of hospice and palliative care, for the last 8 years Betty Ferrell is Professor and Research Scientist at the City of Hope Medical Center in Los Angeles. She has worked in oncology nursing for 35 years and has focused her clinical expertise and research in pain management, quality of life, and palliative care. Sandra L. Ragan is Professor Emerita in the Department of Communication at the University of Oklahoma. Serving at the University of Oklahoma between 1983-2006, she held the positions of Director of Graduate Studies, Chair of the Department of Communication, and Associate Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Author(s)Betty Ferrell,Elaine M. Wittenberg-Lyles,Joy Goldsmith,Sandra L. Ragan
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.