Communism in Rural France: French Agricultural Workers and the Popular Front by John Bulaitis (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £51.22Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by ilovebooksetc
- Est. delivery by 22 Dec
- £31.02Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by orbitingbooks_online
- Est. delivery by 26 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £28.95Trending at £30.58
- £4.43Trending at £4.78
- £21.89Trending at £22.17
- £11.16Trending at £14.06
- £7.64Trending at £9.99
- £10.09Trending at £10.99
- £7.33Trending at £8.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe French Communist Party has traditionally been identified with the urban working class but paradoxically its position as France's main left-wing party was dependent upon support from the countryside. This work explores for the party's complex and often misunderstood relationship with agricultural labourers.
- Author BiographyJohn Bulaitis teaches at the University of Essex, specialising in twentieth-century French history. He obtained his PhD from Queen Mary, University of London. He has taught European history at Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and the Open University and translation at London South Bank University. He has also worked at Goldsmiths College, University of London, organising outreach work in schools and colleges. His forthcoming biography of Maurice Thorez will also be published by I.B.Tauris.
- Author(s)John Bulaitis
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleInternational Library of Historical Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 55
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.