Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a detailed account of community provision for so-called 'vulnerable adults' in the UK. This collection focuses primarily on people with learning difficulties to offer insights into community care, examining key issues such as charity versus rights, the role of the market in care provision and the changing construction of social categories.
- Author BiographyDOROTHY ATKINSON Professor of Learning Disability in the Faculty of Health and Social Care, The Open University, UK ROHHSS CHAPMAN Practitioner in the area of inclusive research and partnership with people with learning difficulties in Cumbria, UK KELLEY JOHNSON SUE LEDGER Doctoral Candidate at The Open University, UK DUNCAN MITCHELL Professor of Health and Disability at Manchester Metropolitan University and Head of Clinical Services at Manchester Learning Disability Partnership, UK KATHERINE OWEN Qualitative Researcher in the field of learning disability and Doctoral Candidate at The Open University, UK SHEENA ROLPH Senior Research Fellow in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at The Open University, UK TIM STAINTON Associate Professor of Disability Policy Theory, University of British Columbia and former Director of Policy and Programmes for the Ontario Association for Community Living, Canada LIZ TILLEY Doctoral candidate, Faculty of Health and Social Care, The Open University, UK JAN TOSSEBRO JAMES W. TRENT Professor of Sociology and Social Work, Gordon College, USA JAN WALMSLEY Visiting Professor of Learning Disability, Faculty of Health and Social Care, The Open University, UK JOHN WELSHMAN Senior Lecturer in Public Health, Institute for Health Research, Lancaster University, UK
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication24/10/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight387 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byJan Walmsley,John Welshman
- Edition Statement2007 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.