All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £21.95
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionTold through the voices of local community leaders, this book analyzes how communities respond to natural disasters and how outsiders contribute positively - or negatively - to their response, promoting debate on the role of aid and the media in times of crisis.
- Author BiographyANOUK RIDE is a Journalist and Ph.D. Candidate in Conflict Resolution who has written and edited for newspapers and magazines in Australia, the UK, and the USA. Her feature articles include reports from Russia, Indonesia, Bougainville, and Northern Ireland. DIANE BRETHERTON is a Peace Psychologist and Former Chair of the Committee for the Psychological Study of Peace for the International Association of Psychological Science. She is the author of many academic journal articles and books on conflict and development. She has worked in a range of conflict regions, including employment with the United Nations in Sri Lanka, for UNESCO in Vietnam, and for the World Bank in Sierra Leone, and is also the winner of three international awards for peace, including the Century of Women Peace Award (2003).
- Author(s)Anouk Ride,Diane Bretherton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/08/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight395 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.