CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.80
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
- £8.32Trending at £8.64
- £3.89Trending at £5.81
- £10.21Trending at £10.57
About this product
- Author(s)Liza Marmo,Yvonne M. D'Arcy
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2013
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Author BiographyLiza Marmo, RN-BC, MSN, CCRN, has worked in a variety of roles at the Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ for 20 years, including nurse manager at the Morristown Medical Center Pain Management Center. She has been co-chair of the Pain Steering Committee and Chair of Pain Resource Nurses. Ms. Marmo taught pain in hospital orientation and provided education to staff nurses on pain management at Morristown Medical Center. She also maintained responsibility for HCACHP which the hospital was meeting the national average. Ms Marmo was the principal investigator for a research study on Pain Assessment Tool in the Critically Ill CPACU Patient. She has had the opportunity to share her research efforts and her expertise in pain and critical care through publication and presentations locally and nationally. Ms. Marmo currently holds certifications in AACN Critical care and ANCC Pain Management Yvonne D'Arcy, MS, CRNP, CNS, is the Pain Management and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner at Suburban Hospital- Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland. She has served on the board of directors for the American Society of Pain Management Nurses and has played an integral role in the formulation of several guidelines on the management of acute and chronic pain. She is a Principle Investigator at Suburban Hospital for several studies to include the use of EMLA to reduce pain in elderly patients when IVs are placed. and the Dissemination and Implementation of Evidence -based methods to Measure and Improve Pain Outcomes. Ms. D'Arcy is also the recipient of the Nursing Spectrum Nursing Excellence Award in the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia districts for Advancing and Leading the Profession. She has contributed to numerous books and journals throughout her career. Books include Pain Management: Evidence-Based Tools and Techniques for Nursing Professionals, Compact Clinical Guide to Chronic Pain, and Her book, How to Manage Pain in the Elderly is an American Journal of Nursing book of the year for 2010.Her books, A Compact Clinical Guide to Cancer Pain co-authored with Pamela Davies, and A Compact Clinical to Women's Pain, are scheduled for a 2012 publication. Ms D'Arcy lectures and presents nationally and internationally on such topics as chronic pain, difficult-to-treat neuropathic pain syndromes, how to teat pain in the elderly, and all aspects of acute pain management. Articles she has published can be found in an extensive number of journals, including but not limited to American Nurse Today, Nursing 2011, Pain Management Nursing, PT Insider, and Nurse Practitioner Journal.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.