All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Rome was a highly militaristic culture, at war almost annually throughout the period of the republic. The expert contributors to this volume delve into this culture, offering an extensive account of the Roman army, from its beginnings to its transformation in the later Roman Empire.
- Author BiographyPaul Erdkamp is Research Fellow in Ancient History at Leiden University. He is author of Hunger and the Sword: Warfare and Food Supply in Roman Republican Wars (264 30 BC) (1998) and The Grain Market in the Roman Empire (2005), and editor of The Roman Army and the Economy (2002).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight1 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byPaul Erdkamp
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £10.07
- £7.85Trending at £11.09
- £6.72Trending at £6.90
- £4.57Trending at £4.99
- £11.41Trending at £17.94
- £4.44Trending at £5.00
- £3.45Trending at £6.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.