Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.36Trending at £6.94
- £5.54Trending at £5.61
- £9.12Trending at £12.51
About this product
- DescriptionCompany towns were the spatial manifestation of a social ideology and an economic rationale. The contributors to this volume show how national politics, social protest, and local culture transformed those founding ideologies by examining the histories of company towns in six countries: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, and the US.
- Author BiographyOliver J. Dinius is the Croft Associate Professor of History and International Studies at the University of Mississippi. He is the author of the forthcoming Brazil's Steel City: Developmentalism, Strategic Power, and Industrial Relations in Volta Redonda (1941-1964). Angela Vergara is an assistant professor of history at California State University, Los Angeles. She is the author of Copper Workers, International Business, and Domestic Politics in Cold War Chile.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleGeographies of Justice and Social Transformation
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note10 b&w photos, 2 maps
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAngela Vergara,Oliver J. Dinius
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.