All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.13
- £9.88Trending at £11.89
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.00Trending at £4.70
- £4.84Trending at £4.97
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
- £4.49Trending at £4.75
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleKomparatistische Bibliothek Comparative Studies Series Bibliotheque d'Etudes Comparatives
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8. 2
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetab. and graph.
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Volume editorErwin H. Epstein,Noel F. McGinn
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Table Of ContentsContents: Erwin H. Epstein: Filtering Democratization Through Schools: The Ignored Paradox of Compulsory Education - Douglas E. Foley: Rethinking School Ethnographies of Colonial Settings: A Performance Perspective of Reproduction and Resistance - Heinrich Mintrop: Teachers and Changing Authority Patterns in Eastern German Schools - Judith Torney-Purta/John Schwille: Civic Values Learned in School: Policy and Practice in Industrialized Nations - Kazimierz M. Slomczynski/Goldie Shabad: Continuity and Change in Political Socialization in Poland - Elaine Gerbert: Lessons from the Kokugo (National Language) Readers - Patricia Petherbridge-Hernandez/Rosalind Latiner Raby: Twentieth Century Transformations in Catalonia and the Ukraine: Ethnic Implications in Education - Erwin H. Epstein: Peasant Consciousness under Peruvian Military Rule - Anthea Taylor: Democracy: Assimilation or Emancipation for Aboriginal Australians? - Dana L. Simel: Exclusionary Christian Civil Religion for Jewish and Islamic Students in Bavarian Schools - Sandra M. Stewart: Nationalist Educational Reforms and Religious Schools in Trinidad - Claudine Michel: Of Worlds Seen and Unseen: The Educational Character of Haitian Vodou - Nelly Stromquist: Gender Delusions and Exclusions in the Democratization of Schooling in Latin America - Ji-Sun Chung: Women's Unequal Access to Education in South Korea - Jean Davison/Martin Kanyuka: Girls' Participation in Basic Education in Southern Malawi.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Erwin H. Epstein is Professor and Chair of the Department of Leadership, Foundations, and Counseling Psychology at Loyola University of Chicago. Noel F. McGinn is Emeritus Professor in the Harvard University Graduate School of Education and Emeritus Fellow in the Harvard Institute for International Development. Both Epstein and McGinn are past presidents of the Comparative and International Education Society.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.