All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe spread of Renaissance culture in England coincided with the birth of the profession of architecture, whose practitioners became superior to simple builders in social standing and perceived intellectual prowess. This book explores the extent to which this professional identity was based on expertise in the mathematical arts and sciences.
- Author BiographyAnthony Gerbino is a senior research fellow at Worcester College, Oxford. Stephen Johnston is Assistant Keeper at the Museum of the History of Science in Oxford.
- Author(s)Anthony Gerbino,Stephen Johnston
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2009
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.