All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- GenreTransport Technology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 19 b&w illustrations and 22 tables
- Weight428 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDr Andrew Cook
- Volume editorProfessor Damian Rivas
- Table Of ContentsContents: Foreword; Introduction, Marc Bourgois; Complex network theory, Andrew Cook and Massimiliano Zanin; Complex networks in air transport, Fabrizio Lillo, Rosario N. Mantegna and Salvatore Micciche; Uncertainty, Damian Rivas and Rafael Vazquez; Resilience, Henk A.P. Blom and Soufiane Bouarfa; Emergent behaviour, Henk A.P. Blom, Mariken H.C. Everdij and Soufiane Bouarfa; Data science, Massimiliano Zanin, Andrew Cook and Seddik Belkoura; Conclusions and a look ahead, David Perez; References; Index.
- Author BiographyAndrew Cook is a Principal Research Fellow at the University of Westminster, where he manages the Department's ATM research. He has been a research fellow of the University for over 20 years. Leader of ten projects for EUROCONTROL, Andrew is currently engaged in several projects in SESAR's Workpackage E (long-term and innovative research), in addition to air transport industry and EU framework research coordination. Other responsibilities include serving on the programme committee for the annual SESAR innovation conferences and on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Aerospace Operations. Andrew has published widely in ATM, across a number of domains, and frequently reviews journal submissions for Elsevier. He was editor of the first book on European ATM, published by Ashgate. Andrew holds a BA (Hons) Natural Sciences, with supplementary Distinction, and a DPhil Physiological Sciences, both from the University of Oxford. Damian Rivas received his first degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid and has a PhD from Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, Ohio). He is currently Professor in the Department of Aerospace Engineering of the Universidad de Sevilla, teaching flight mechanics and air navigation; Director of the Group of Aerospace Engineering of the University of Seville; scientific coordinator of the SESAR WP-E ComplexWorld Network; and a member of the programme committee of the annual SESAR Innovation Days conferences. His main research interests are aircraft trajectory optimisation, aircraft conflict detection and resolution, and uncertainty propagation in air traffic management.
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.