CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops a system for teaching students to create freely constructed images on the basis of harmonic relations between lines, colors, and dark and light patterns. Greatly influenced by Japanese art, the author expounds a theory of flat formal equilibrium as an essential component of telling pictorial creation.
- Author BiographyArthur Wesley Dow (1857-1922) was a painter, printmaker, and writer. He chaired the Department of Fine Arts at Teachers College of Columbia University from 1904 until his death. Joseph Masheck is a well-known art critic and Professor of Art History at Hofstra University.
- Author(s)Arthur Wesley Dow,Joseph Masheck
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication19/03/1998
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note160
- Weight508 g
- Width229 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.