All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £15.89
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £19.77Trending at £21.61
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
- £22.69Trending at £24.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated second edition includes material on interfacing R with other computer languages such as C. It reflects the increasing availability of molecular and genetic databases which allow biologists to pursue new issues such as molecular evolution patterns.
- Author BiographyDr. Sean Goggins is an Assistant Professor at the College of Information Science and Technology at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA . His research considers how the uptake and use of information and communication technology creates new opportunities for small groups to come together and perform work, be social and dissipate physical boundaries that have historically restricted the growth of nascent organizations. In particular, Sean focuses his research on the integration of methods from phenomenological research traditions, social psychology, sociology, human information behavior and design studies to explore socio-technical phenomena within organizations and outside of canonical organizational boundaries. Dr. Isa Jahnke is an Assistant Professor at the Centre for Research on Higher Education and Faculty Development of the Dortmund University of Technology, Germany. Her academic background is in sociology, educational sciences and computer science. Isa Jahnke's research considers on new forms of computer-mediated human structures by using new media. In particular, she focuses on the study of socio-technical informal learning by developing theories, concepts and methods. Professor Volker Wulf is on the faculty of information Systems and the director of the Media Research Institute at the University of Siegen . At Fraunhofer FIT , he heads the research group, User-centred Software-Engineering (USE ). He is also a founding member of the International Institute for Socio-Informatics (IISI ), Bonn. In 2006/07 Wulf spent a sabbatical as a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and at Stanford University, Palo Alto. His research interests lie primarily in the area of Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Knowledge Management, Computer Supported Cooperative Learning, Entertainment Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Participatory Design, and Organizational Computing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/05/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleComputer-supported Collaborative Learning Series
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 47 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables
- Weight684 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byIsa Jahnke,Sean Goggins,Sean P. Goggins,Volker Wulf
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.