All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis modern introduction to thermal physics contains a step-by-step presentation of the key concepts. The text is copiously illustrated and each chapter contains several worked examples.
- Author BiographyStephen Blundell did his undergraduate degree in Physics and Theoretical Physics at Peterhouse, Cambridge and his Ph. D. in the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge. He moved to the Clarendon Laboratory at Oxford to take up an SERC research fellowship, followed by a Junior Research Fellowship at Merton College, where he began research in organic magnets and superconductors using muon-spin rotation. In 1997 he was appointed to a University Lectureship in the Physics Department and a Tutorial Fellowship at Mansfield College, Oxford, and was subsequently promoted to Reader and then Professor. He was a joint winner of the Daiwa-Adrian Prize in 1999 for his work on organic magnets. Katherine Blundell did her undergraduate degree in Physics and Theoretical Physics at New Hall College, Cambridge and her Ph. D. in the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge. She moved to Oxford University Astrophysics department, holding a Junior Research Fellowship at Balliol College, an 1851 Research Fellowship, before taking up a Royal Society University Research Fellowship. Her research concentrates on radio galaxies and quasars. In 2005 she won a Leverhulme prize for her research, and became a Professor of Astrophysics in 2008.
- Author(s)Katherine M. Blundell,Stephen J. Blundell
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note250 b/w line illustrations, 35 b/w halftones
- Weight1122 g
- Width188 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- geeky_and_proud03 Apr, 2015by
Fab textbook, very useful :D
Very good textbook, bought to supplement a second year Classical Physics course - lots of practice questions, very informative textbook.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.