Consider these sponsored items
- £51.99Free postage
- £54.20Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis truly elementary book on categories introduces retracts, graphs, and adjoints to students and scientists.
- Author BiographyF. William Lawvere is a Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at the State University of New York. He has previously held positions at Reed College, the University of Chicago and the City University of New York, as well as visiting Professorships at other institutions worldwide. At the 1970 International Congress of Mathematicians in Nice, Prof. Lawvere delivered an invited lecture in which he introduced an algebraic version of topos theory which united several previously 'unrelated' areas in geometry and in set theory; over a dozen books, several dozen international meetings, and hundreds of research papers have since appeared, continuing to develop the consequences of that unification. Stephen H. Schanuel is a Professor of Mathematics at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He has previously held positions at Johns Hopkins University, Institute for Advanced Study and Cornell University, as well as lecturing at institutions in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Colombia, Canada, Ireland, and Australia. Best known for Schanuel's Lemma in homological algebra (and related work with Bass on the beginning of algebraic K-theory), and for Schanuel's Conjecture on algebraic independence and the exponential function, his research thus wanders from algebra to number theory to analysis to geometry and topology.
- Author(s)F. William Lawvere,Stephen H. Schanuel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note575 b/w illus. 12 tables 213 exercises
- Weight780 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £17.25
- £14.37Trending at £14.58
- £9.83Trending at £11.28
- £42.62Trending at £43.34
- £18.67Trending at £19.79
- £45.38Trending at £61.80
- £30.19Trending at £34.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.