Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.66
- £7.58Trending at £7.73
- £9.72Trending at £14.98
- £16.38Trending at £29.35
- £8.27Trending at £12.93
- £11.25Trending at £16.94
- £12.08Trending at £14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis resource helps educators and caregivers understand why all species of animals are valuable to children's early learning.
- Author BiographyPatty Born Selly: Patty Born Selly is executive director of the National Center for STEM Elementary Education at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota. She also serves as adjunct faculty at Metropolitan State University in Minnesota, where she teaches classes on children and nature and environmental education. Patty has developed hundreds of preschool classes on nature, science, and green topics. She has also worked as a park naturalist and environmental education coordinator, a wildlife rehabilitator, zoo volunteer, and consultant for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Patty has been a preschool outreach educator for the Science Museum of Minnesota, where, in addition to teaching scores of preschool classes, she developed and delivered teacher training on inquiry-based science for early childhood and green and sustainability topics. In her work as an environmental educator, Patty has done extensive research on the relationships between children and animals and how those relationships help children develop. She has also worked in many non-formal education settings and taught many children's classes that have included such animals as snakes, mice, turtles, frogs, fish, skinks, salamanders, and even birds of prey.
- Author(s)Patty Born Selly
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.