Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.05Trending at £7.00
- £13.62Trending at £19.99
- £5.95Trending at £9.99
- £7.78Trending at £9.00
- £6.66Trending at £9.00
- £5.00Trending at £9.99
- £7.85Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Knight With Armour
- Author BiographyHistorian, archaeologist and novelist Alfred Duggan wrote historical fiction and non-fiction about a wide range of subjects, in places and times as diverse as Julius Caesar's Rome and the Medieval Europe of Thomas Becket. Although he was born in Argentina, Duggan grew up in England, and was educated at Eton and Balliol College, Oxford. After Oxford, he travelled extensively through Greece and Turkey, visiting almost all the sites later mentioned in his books. In 1935 helped excavate Constantine's palace in Istanbul. Duggan came to writing fiction quite late in his life: his first novel about the First Crusade, Knight in Armour, was published in 1950, after which he published at least a book every year until his death in 1964. His fictional works were bestselling page-turners, but thoroughly grounded in meticulous research informed by Duggan's experience as an archaeologist and historian. Duggan has been favourably compared to Bernard Cornwell as well as being praised in his own right as 'an extremely gifted writer who can move into an unknown period and give it life and immediacy.' (New York Times).
- Author(s)Alfred Duggan
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.