All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
About this product
- DescriptionConsciousness, Awareness, and Anesthesia explores the scientific conundrum of consciousness and the clinical complications of awareness during general anesthesia.
- Author BiographyDr Mashour received his M.D. and Ph.D. in neuroscience from Georgetown University and was awarded Fulbright scholarships for neuroscience research in Berlin and Bonn. He completed his residency and chief residency in anesthesiology at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, as well as fellowship training in neuroanesthesiology at the University of Michigan. He is currently the Director of Neuroanesthesiology, as well as Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. His main clinical interests are neuroanesthesiology and neurocritical care. Dr Mashour's major scholarly focus is consciousness and anesthesia. He is credited with developing the cognitive unbinding paradigm of general anesthesia, as well as advocating for the role of anesthesiology in the study of consciousness. In his clinical research, Dr Mashour is the principal investigator of a 30,000-patient study focused on the prevention of awareness during general anesthesia. He has published and lectured extensively on the subjects of consciousness, awareness, and anesthetic mechanisms. Dr Mashour is the recipient of numerous awards for his work as a clinician, scholar, and educator.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2010
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight710 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGeorge A. Mashour
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.