CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.26Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/03/2012
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byPeggy L. Fiedler
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
- Table Of ContentsI The Natural Order.- 1 Species Richness in Plant Communities.- 2 Hierarchies of Cause: Toward an Understanding of Rarity in Vascular Plant Species.- 3 Peasant Farming Systems, Agricultural Modernization, and the Conservation of Crop Genetic Resources in Latin America.- 4 The New Paradigm in Ecology: Implications for Conservation Biology Above the Species Level.- II Processes and Patterns of Change.- 5 Reptilian Extinctions: The Last Ten Thousand Years.- 6 Loss of Biodiversity in Aquatic Ecosystems: Evidence from Fish Faunas.- 7 Threats to Invertebrate Biodiversity: Implications for Conservation Strategies.- 8 Forest Fragmentation and the Conservation of Biological Diversity.- 9 Issues of Scale in Conservation Biology.- III Population Biology and Genetics.- 10 Stochastic Modeling of Extinction in Plant Populations.- 11 The Effects of Inbreeding on Isolated Populations: Are Minimum Viable Population Sizes Predictable?.- 12 Conservation of Asian Primates: Aspects of Genetics and Behavioral Ecology that Predict Vulnerability.- 13 Genetic and Demographic Considerations in the Sampling and Reintroduction of Rare Plants.- IV The Practice of Conservation, Preservation, and Management.- 14 Ecological Management of Sensitive Natural Areas.- 15 Park Protection and Public Roads.- 16 From Conservation Biology to Conservation Practice: Strategies for Protecting Plant Diversity.- 17 The Role of Ecological Restoration in Conservation Biology.- 18 Why Should We Conserve Species and Wildlands?.- Epilogue.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.