Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionA survey of consonant harmony in the world's languages. It reveals surprising diversity in the featural dimensions involved, and uncovers empirical generalizations and tendencies. It develops an Optimality Theory analysis of consonant harmony as long-distance featural agreement, rather than feature spreading.
- Author BiographyGunnar Olafur Hansson is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He specializes in phonology, the study of sound patterns in natural languages and of language users' implicit knowledge of such patterns.
- Author(s)Gunnar Olafur Hansson
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- Series TitleUC Publications in Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number145
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.