CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £5.99Trending at £8.92
- £13.43Trending at £18.94
- £14.07Trending at £14.35
- £8.25Trending at £9.81
- £14.00Trending at £20.11
- £9.99Trending at £11.24
- £13.06Trending at £14.39
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes a Construct-Based Approach (CBA) to school counseling, this title helps you to design standards, deliver interventions, and evaluate year-long counseling strategies, action steps and measures within a CBA context; apply research-based standards to reflect student abilities, competencies, capabilities and skills; and more.
- Author BiographyDr. Karl Squier is President of Lady of the Lake Learning Systems, a consulting organization specializing in K-12 school counseling and school improvement initiatives. His professional interests include building communities of dialog and self-reflection, designing school counseling programs based on standards of excellence, delivering a challenging school counseling curriculum that maximizes students' potential for learning, using assessments that enable students to continuously improve their learning, and evaluating the impact of delivering a school counseling program on student achievement and school quality. Dr. Squier is a long-time advocate of school counselors as fundamental to quality schools and student achievement. He is a recipient of a Rhode Island School Counselor Association's (RISCA) School Counselor Advocate of the Year Award. Dr. Patricia Nailor has worked as a counselor practitioner in public schools and has served as a founding member and president of the Rhode Island School Counselor Association (RISCA). She has also served as president of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). Dr. Nailor retired as Director of the Department of Counseling and Social Services in the Providence Public Schools. Currently she is an adjunct instructor at Providence College where she teaches in the Counselor Education Program. Dr. Nailor manages the school counseling consulting services of Lady of the Lake Learning Systems. She is the recipient of a RISCA Lifetime Achievement Award, given in recognition of a lifetime of dedication and service to students, and to building and promoting the school counseling profession. Dr. John Carey is Director of the Ronald H. Fredrickson Center for School Counseling Outcome Research & Evaluation and Professor of School Counseling at UMASS Amherst. He is a recipient of an American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Counselor Educator of the Year Award. Dr. Carey is included on the Fulbright Specialist Roster and works internationally to improve school-based counseling and school counselor education. His research interests include school counseling outcome measurement, policy research in school-based counseling, standards-based models of school counseling, and the development of research-based interventions to promote academic achievement and eliminate the achievement gap. He is coeditor of Multicultural Counseling in Schools: A Practical Handbook.
- Author(s)John C. Carey,Karl L. Squier,Patricia Nailor
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight23 g
- Width48 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.