CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors explain how they created an online professional learning network and provide all the tools needed to construct one to fit your school's needs.
- Author BiographyRobin Thompson is curriculum coordinator for Manatee High School. Prior to this position, she served as reading coach and an intensive reading teacher at the high school, and taught various elementary and middle school grades. Thompson enjoys the process of designing, building, and launching professional learning networks. Her degree is in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in literacy, and she is especially interested struggling adolescent readers. A graduate of the University of Florida in educational technology, I lean towards the concept of connectivism when it comes to educating adolescent and adult learners alike. In today's digital environment it is more important than ever to explore the biology of the human mind as well as the tools that exist outside the human mind that aid in learning. I have experience teaching both English and reading in grades 6-12. At the present time I am an assistant principal at Manatee High School in Bradenton, FL. Working with Bob and Robin has provided an exciting and rare experience of taking an idea and bringing it to fruition. We have truly synthesized our various levels of expertise to develop a personal learning network that has already reached beyond our initial expectations and that has the possibilities to steadily grow with the rapidly transforming learning environment. Currently the Principal of Manatee High School in Bradenton, Florida, I have had the honor of bringing a D-rated high school on the Florida Department of Education school-rating scale to an A-rating. I have worked diligently to demonstrate leadership and believe firmly that through teacher empowerment and the modeling of effective guidance any school climate can be transformed and improved. Working closely with Robin and Laurie, we have truly achieved a monumental task that we will continue to build and revise to meet the vast needs of both our teachers and our students.
- Author(s)Laurie C. Kitchie,Robert J. Gagnon,Robin C. Thompson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.