All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers analysis of articulation of consumer culture and modernity in everyday lives of people in a transnational framework. This book pursues three broad themes: lifestyle choices and construction of modern identities; fashion and advertising; and subaltern concerns and moral subjectivities.
- Author BiographyNita Mathur is Professor of Sociology at the Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India. She is the author of Cultural Rhythms in Emotions, Narratives and Dance, 2002 and editor of Santhal Worldview, 2001. Her research interests range from arts and lifestyles to emotions across cultures and indigenous vision. Currently she is working in the area of consumer culture, modernity and fashion in India.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byNita Mathur
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.10
- £21.70Trending at £22.06
- £22.55Trending at £23.38
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £21.52Trending at £22.49
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.