Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.45Trending at £25.92
- £25.76Trending at £29.91
- £19.71Trending at £19.91
- £27.92Trending at £28.23
- £27.19Trending at £32.91
- £23.42Trending at £29.81
- £22.09Trending at £22.87
About this product
- DescriptionThis academic study of consumption in Hong Kong explores such diverse topics as the shopping malls in the 1960s, going to movies, alcohol as a marker of social class, fashion for young women, the pursuit of Chinese art and identity by collectors, and the dream of owning a flat.
- Author BiographyGordon Mathews teaches anthropology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Tai-lok Lui teaches sociology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleHong Kong Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Out-of-print date29/01/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGordon Mathews,Tai Lok Lui
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.