All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.99Trending at £60.00
- £26.97Trending at £27.35
- £7.15Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.36
- £13.37Trending at £19.99
- £7.45Trending at £12.05
- £10.78Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe financial crisis has seen the West's economists and policy makers urging Asia to make an effort to consume more and help save the global economy. This is a view shaped by conventional wisdom that refuses to acknowledge the uncomely effects of consumption and the limits to growth. This title argues that this blinkered view needs to be replaced.
- Author BiographyChandran Nair is the founder of the Global Institute For Tomorrow (GIFT), an independent social venture think tank dedicated to advancing an understanding of the impacts of globalisation through thought leadership and positive action to affect change. Chandran was chairman of Environmental Resources Management (ERM) in Asia Pacific until 2004, establishing the company as Asia's leading environmental consultancy. For more than a decade, Chandran has strongly advocated a more sustainable approach to development in Asia, advising governments and multi-national corporations to instill these principles into their policies and key decision-making processes. He has advised the Hong Kong government to devise a new approach that gives the public a bigger role in key policy making decisions - a first for Asia. In addition to his work with GIFT, Chandran continues to provide strategic management advice and coaching to business leaders. In this regard, he advises current and future leaders on how to meet the challenges of doing business in Asia, and of globalisation, investment geo-politics, leadership development, ethics, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility.
- Author(s)Chandran Nair
- PublisherInfinite Ideas Limited
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDurrington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInfinite Ideas Limited
- Out-of-print date19/06/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.