Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.27Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £11.99Trending at £13.34
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMia Mask
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction-- Mia Mask 1. Paul Robeson and the End of His Movie Career-- by Charles Musser 2. The Burden of the Beautiful Beast: Visualization and the Black Male Body-- by Keith M. Harris 3. Reckless Eyeballing: Coonskin, Film Blackness and the Racial Grotesque-- by Michael B, Gillespie 4. The Measure of Men: Legacies of Poitier's A Piece of the Action-- by Ian Gregory Strachan 5. Bamboozled: In the Mirror of Abjection-- by Ed Guerrero 6. Between Documentary and the Avant-Garde: Exploring the Visual Poetics of Ruins in Christopher Harris's still/here-- by Terri Francis 7. Who's Behind that Fat Suit?: Momma, Medea, Rasputia and the Politics of Cross-Dressing-- by Mia Mask 8. Disney's Improvisation: New Orleans' Second Line, Racial Masquerade and the Reproduction of Whiteness in The Princess and the Frog-- by Sarita McCoy Gregory 9. Shadowboxing: Lee Daniels's Nonrepresentational Cinema-- by Alessandra Raengo 10. I'm a Militant Queen : Queering Blaxploitation Films-- by Angelique Harris 11. Street Girls With No Future?: Black Women Coming of Age in the City-- by Paula Massood
- Author BiographyMia Mask, Associate Professor of Film at Vassar College, is the author of Divas on Screen: Black Women in American Film. She has written film reviews and covered festivals for Cineaste, IndieWire.com, The Village Voice, Film Quarterly, Time Out New York, and The Poughkeepsie Journal. Her criticism was anthologized in The Best American Movie Writing (1999), and her cultural commentary can be heard on National Public Radio. Her essays have been published in the African American National Biography, Film and Literature, and American Cinema of the 1970s.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.