All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFleshing out the theoretical pillars of Critical Anti-Racist Theory (CART) as its central organizing framework, this text responds to the central issue of race in terms of public and academic discourses, meta-narratives, and its implications for social policy. This collection serves as a timely and accessible text for academic and wider audiences.
- Author BiographyGeorge J. Sefa Dei is a professor and former chair of the Department of Sociology and Equity Studies in Education, Ontario Institute for the Study of Education of the University of Toronto (OISE/UT). He was the first Director of the Centre for Integrative Anti-Racism Studies at OISE/UT. He has published widely and is engaged in a wide range of community activism, particularly on issues of critical anti-racism in education. Meredith Lordan received her doctorate from the Department of Sociology and Equity Studies in Education, University of Toronto. Her dissertation and subsequent research considers access to education in the context of the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals. Meredith has also taught at the Toronto District School Board, OISE/UT, the Steps to University Program at the University of Toronto, and United Nations University. She has published work on anti-colonialism, equity issues, change and the political process, and international politics.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number445
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width178 mm
- Height258 mm
- Edited byGeorge J. Sefa Dei,Meredith Lordan
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.84Trending at £4.56
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.83Trending at £10.49
- £7.00Trending at £9.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.